This month recently saw the official launch of the Global Music Community, an online platform aimed at improving the lives of music practitioners across the industry. The GMC is apparently a place where all members of the music community are valued, trusted and rewarded - from studio staff to A&R execs, to musicians, technicians and even music journalists! So, how is the GMC going to improve the lives of music professionals?
By offering free membership forever, and a wealth of free benefits, according to the recent press release, members can:
- Join a support network where music professionals from all sectors can connect, help each other and nurture relationships.
- Enjoy the best features from the biggest social networks condensed into one niche community.
- Access the GMC Job Board and apply for jobs for free.
- Access the most popular news feeds in the music industry - all in one place.
- Receive exclusive offers on software and hardware - and rewards for loyalty.
- Explore our directory of hundreds of recording, rehearsal and mastering studios - reviewed by industry peers. It is the most advanced studio search tool on the web – yet hosting your studio is free.
- Find musicians, technicians, creative services and other industry talent.
In just a few months of beta testing, the GMC has apparently gained huge traction from all sections of the music industry community including composers, music producers, record label owners, musicians and studio owners.
“We are very excited about the potential of the GMC and we’re making it richer in content every day.” said co-founder David Greenep. “The feedback we have received from the music community who have used the site has exceeded our expectations. What has really inspired us is the breadth of membership – from aspiring bedroom musicians to Grammy winners and Abbey Road management.”
Check it out for yourself at: www.theglobalmusiccommunity.com